Tuesday 26 March 2013

Invitation to learn Chinese Calligraphy

Exploring China After School

We have always had a strong interest in exploring China, we have explored the Chinese New Year, Chinese Lanterns, Chinese tea ceremonies and traditional foods in the past.
I was inspired by my sister in-law Marie to explore Chinese calligraphy.
I got most of the information from her blog http://mariespastiche.blogspot.ca/
Thanks Marie!!!

I went out and purchased a few basic supplies, what the Chinese call
The Four Treasures of Study; the brush, ink, ink stone and paper.
I have set out an Invitation for Chinese writing to explore in our classroom.
We will begin will learning the Eight common strokes in Chinese Writing. All of these strokes are found in the Chinese character Yong. (Which means "eternity" "forever")
I will post some pictures as the children practice their Chinese Calligraphy.
I got the above picture and directions from the following website:


http://education.asianart.org/explore-resources/background-information/introduction-chinese-character-and-brush-strokes








No comments:

Post a Comment